View Single Post
Old 12.01.2010, 01:05 AM   #41
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinn
no its not.

people who are actually poor cant afford university without state assistance. asking them to work 2 jobs to pay for it themselves makes them stressed, tired, too busy too study and gives them a worse education. we all do worse when that happens as a society. we are underqualified, stupider, pitted against each other with less hope of progress. the class divide gets bigger. those kids have to work even more for even less so their kids can have even less of a hope of being able to afford university. families get stuck in poverty for generations.

meanwhile the countries that have the sense to subsidize their education start to economically out compete us. they become more prosperous and intelligent societies.

this has been proved over and over again.

without state subsidies of education NOONE can afford it except the very rich. the institutions become elitist, the class divide widens.

any working class person convinced their interests lie in the kind of capitalist realism displayed by you are victims of a lack of education and the misguided belief that they of all people aren't the ones completely fucked over in the name of free market education.

People who are middle class often times can't afford to attend a university without state assistance, either. That part of your argument is invalid. Middle class people are often stressed and tired for the same exact reasons.

As far as what the rest of what you said goes....

I think an intelligent society begins with an intelligent K-12. Not teaching total bullshit and attempting to teach kids to be interested in thinking for themselves. Maybe if this were to happen, we wouldn't live with folks that honestly believe a man named Jonas lived in the belly of a whale.

Some want to say America is stupid...and we seem to slowly be becoming as such....but "stupid" isn't what got us where we currently are....no matter which way ya opt to look at it and whatever it is becoming.

As far as schools being "free" is concerned....I've indirectly mentioned more than twice that I may be a bit off target, possibly. But even this too (on my end) is invalid because anyone that wants to go to school can. To me, generations of poverty at this day in age is a choice. + I am one of those that refuses to believe (because it doesn't) that true poverty exists all that much in America. I say this because it's rare anyone starves to death in America.