View Single Post
Old 03.20.2014, 08:48 AM   #18
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by keep poppin pimples
while i agree with the article i don't think it's right to view this as being unique to contemporary music journalism. the brouhaha about that elvis presley character certainly centred around fancy 'lifestyle' things like pink cadillacs, gold lame suits and mansions more than fancy "vocalstyle" things like trilladeedoodoos and boobeepbadaps.

he brouhaha around elvis was not music criticism. it was social commentary. Music criticism of rock n roll did not begin until later on after elvis had already come and gone. rock n roll was seen as such shit unworthy of true criticism.