View Single Post
Old 03.19.2014, 06:33 PM   #9
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
some of my favorite quotes from the article:

Some smart criticism flourishes in the blogosphere but, with all the background noise, you would have a better chance of finding a Victrola needle in a Radio Shack.

please take me to your victrola needles.

When Harry Connick, Jr. recently used the word “pentatonic” on American Idol, his fellow judge Jennifer Lopez turned it into a joke.

i never thought i'd find myself siding with harry connick jr. in any kind of musical dispute, or with his person over j-lo's magnificent ass, but that's why i judge her by her ass which is her only contribution to world culture.

During the entire year 1967, The Chicago Tribune only employed the word “lifestyle” seven times, but five years later the term showed up in the same newspaper more than 3,000 times.

on the other hand, in 1967 the only acceptable "lifestyle" was to be a white man with a corporate job, a house in the suburbs, a wife, 2+ children, attending a protestant church, etc.

this is just to say (skipping some steps) that the social revolution of the 60s now merely amounts to customized consumerism of the most vapid kind, or as db would rightly call it, american banality. this is of course a universal phenomenon. "what brand represents you"? lemme see….

these can’t serve as the foundation for a healthy musical culture

tacitus was right. history is a permanent downward slope. get used to it somehow or kill yourself. there are only dystopias.

---

anyway this reminds me that i rarely go "upstairs" in this forum because i don't have the language to discuss music and i wouldn't pretend otherwise, even though i think i have a pretty good musical ear. still, my ear is an aphasic fuck who can't explain himself. but i'm also wondering if i'm not as aphasic because i never got to read the people that the guy mentions.

anyway-- whoever has them-- please show me your selection of victrola needles.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|