View Single Post
Old 09.09.2017, 02:41 PM   #1719
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
To each their own, I just hope you don't burn out on DW before getting to the actual good stuff.

i don't think i will. at worst i might skip a dull episode or clear emails while things play.

at the end of the daleks, by the way (the dead planet, the thals, etc) the doctor launches on a little rant about "truth" and i felt a resonance with the early star treks. different characters sure but they both embody a certain idealism which while it may not be found on earth could be found in space-- or in a more advanced alien.

this was of course hilarious and ironic because the doctor earlier had lied to his companions about some shit. this first doctor was hilariously imperfect on the ethics department. very selfish too ha ha ha. but then he goes on about "truth" ha ha ha. wish i had memorized his lines cuz now i can't remember them. agh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Re: Quatermass, The Hammer film versions of Quatermass Xperiment and Quatermass and the Pit should be easier to track down.They're both great Pit especially is one of my all-time favourite British horror films - despite arguably being more sf than horror. But who cares about its genre when you've got Barbara Shelley helping to save mankind in a red jumper and tartan skirt?

quatermass and the pit was available last year on amazon i think, and i missed it. but i want to get the first movie first. what is hammer film? should i google? hmmmmm [edit: the production company that made them? oh vs the contemporary one? i dont want the contemporary one/remake]

nice lady, that one. my favorite 60s sf star of course is raquel welch on fantastic voyage. which i can't find anywhere! gaaaaahhhhhh!

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|