View Single Post
Old 05.29.2006, 08:33 PM   #38
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
The review ruined it for me when he begins by talking about the cover. It looks like an old band trying to look rugid and cool. It reminds me of Abercrombie clothing which is ripped and shredded to look real but is really manufactored that way...

SY's cover are never intricate and important either. There very plain and pretentious. Take for instance, Confusion is Sex, its so plain and almost arbituary that it makes SY look modest and sloppy, and its brilliant It reminds of Warhol...
Actually Warhol originally had the idea of artist expressing their abilities through a wide variety of fields and this is a perfect example, the band (actually just Kim) made their own cover for their album. Its art you have to "get" and has no higher meaning than what it is on paper. Its like Warhol's film "Liberty" which is an 8 hour shot of the Liberty building in NY. Its "unwatchableness" makes it a piece of art. The cover of CIS is practically like this making it a piece of art as well.

Sorry for getting so off subject....

I do however like the Vinyl cover but the fact that is it is from a plain old rock band ruins it. It would be cooler as a Wolf Eyes cover and not Sonic Youth's.
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|