Thread: The Ex... ?????
View Single Post
Old 11.12.2006, 12:33 PM   #11
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
I've seen them many times in different line-ups and collaborations and they've always been a great live band. This year I've seen them twice, once playing a set of new songs and once as The EX Orchestra with
Ethiopean guest musicians. The latter gig was great, the other one was still good, but also the first time in around 10 times that they somewhat disappointed me... their contrabassist Rozemarie has left (who replaced original bassist Luc in 2002) and they're now playing as a 4 piece without bass, using baritone guitars to compensate. I had the impression they still felt a bit uncomfortable to the new situation, also playing almost exclusively new songs. But that was in january, so hopefully that's gone by now. Anyway, I'm curious for their next album, wondering how it will sound.

I'm also glad they're continuing the live soundtrack for A Clockwork Orange theatre performances next year because I missed it the first time around. The song on their myspace sounds promising (although the lyrics are in dutch so it may not be that interesting to most)
http://www.myspace.com/theexnl
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|