View Single Post
Old 07.03.2011, 06:07 PM   #5424
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Boy, all y'alls are really into this broad. I gotta check out what the fuss is all about...

Anna Calvi's music, aesthetic and personality are kind of like a drug to me at this very moment. I'm so hookep up. I have much interest in knowing the mysteries unknown at the moment regarding every aspect of her. I need more recordings and i long to see her live.

The Glastonbury performance should be a really swell addition to anyone's collection. Great show:

Anna Calvi - Glastonbury - 2011-06-25 - Mpeg-2 File
Uploaded by stel883

Another DVD is available at the last page of the bootlegs thread, and i'm shoving another one to Megaupload at the moment. I would think you'd like her if you are compelled by raw passion as expressed for example by Lucinda Williams (i know you love Lu more than i do, and i love her a great deal). She wears her influences in her sleeve so to speak, they're evident, and she channels the lot of them very accurately, to say the least. I would say if you are into people like David Lynch, Edith Piaf, Jimi Hendrix, and Nina Simone (to name some), then you'll be positively entertained by Anna Calvi.