View Single Post
Old 09.24.2008, 01:59 PM   #212
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Eh? You don't much like his work? Didn't you make a thread about him?

EDIT: http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=20787

yeah, thats when i thought he was in the hospitals, haha. but youre right, i just kinda stopped digging him a while ago. like all his bands are decent, but there's always like a ton of bands out there kinda like his who are better than his. but, thuis is how i feel about his various bands:

coachwhips; i adore them actually.theyre noise garage punk is right up my alley, amazing live band, and 'get yer body next to mine' is fucking fantastic.

the oh sees; i cant stand them, realy. theyre better now though than when it was just dwyer's home recordings.

the hospitals; one of my top 10 bands of now, but as it turns out that hes not in them anymore, hah.

landed; absolutley amazing band, easy contender for the ebst that fort thunder produced. but pretty much every great providence noise rock musician has been in that band at some time.

burmese; love this band, but im not sure how involved with them dwyer was, i think it was more of on a tentative level, like weasel.

pink and brown; used to like them, now i dont. im sure there's good things about them, but they seem a little too, um, tame, to compete with thier contemporaries.

the trawggs; actually this is pretty great, they play troggs songs better than the troggs.

well, i take back my comment, i guess i overall love john dwyer's work, thats all ive heard by him though, i gotta hear this band revenge that he plays drums for.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|