View Single Post
Old 02.16.2010, 05:57 PM   #55
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I think the thing is, I feel like if you're going to do Metallica-esque metal, you may as well be Metallica. If Metallica ever tried to be hip, or anything other than "WERHHHHUUUUGH!!!! FUCKING YEAH!!!! METALLICA!!!!!" then they'd lose everything that makes them Metallica. Boris are ok, because, y'know, that's what Boris do. I just feel like the Melvins are a bit like a metal band it's ok for indie kids to like, or a metal band for people who can't appreciate THE SHRED.
To clarify, I mean the Melvins song "Boris" by which that band took their name.

Maybe Melvins are an indie kid-approved metal band but that's getting into audience-criticism. I don't buy that is the only reason people would listen to the Melvins, besides which the Melvins were around before the indie kid meme-set. Is wanting the metal hold the shredding so terrible? Or is wanting Metallica's core sound without that shredding and other affiliated metal tropes so shamefully indie?
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|