View Single Post
Old 04.27.2014, 03:15 PM   #550
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
an album by the R&B singer SZA, she's a member of TDE (aka the group with Kendrick, Schoolboy, etc, etc.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Daw...inment#Artists).

her album only consists of 10 tracks, perhaps it's considered an EP.. but anyway i find it beautiful and strangely addictive. features production by Toro Y Moi, XXYYXX and more.

SZA... Wait, is there any affiliation with Ski Beatz there? I seem to recall seeing that name when I was listening to DJ Ski's album for the first time earlier this year. Maybe I'm thinking of DZA (Smoke DZA), but anything that ends in "ZA" and has three letters is going to spark my interest, because I'll think "Wu Tang Clan."

Now I'm kinda wondering why anyone would end their name with "ZA," knowing damn well that they're sipping from an ancient and sacred style of moniker creation. Lol.

I guess my top 5 so far are:

Talib Kweli - Gravitas
Gibbs & Madlib - Pińata
Doppelgangaz - Peace Kehd
Smoke DZA - Dream.Zone.Achieved
Isaiah Rashad - Clivia Demo
(Does The Infamous 2014 disc count?)

(No order... Too soon... Basically just waiting for KANYE and WU TANG to both release albums in the same year, which I'm hoping will finally determine who my favorite hip hop artist of all time is. Wu owns my youth, but Kanye has made a bullet grab for big Severian's heart)

Oxymoron has not aged well. Glad I caught Schoolboy and Rashad live, but it made me realize that Schoolboy Q really phoned that one in. He's a more skilled rapper and a more artistic mind than that album would have you believe. I'm glad it's been successful, but I hope he starts living up to his potential a bit more.

Mastermind has somehow tracks, but mostly sounds the epitome of the word "basic." The only truly shining moment? Provided by Kanye West. Rick Ross doesn't seem to be on the cutting edge of anything other than a butter knife.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|