View Single Post
Old 02.14.2018, 10:28 PM   #93
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
Hmm. I used to be quite a post-rock fan some 15-20 years ago (especially the first wave, when all the first Mogwai, Bowery Electric, Long Fin Killie and Tortoise albums were really something fresh), but after several years, it started to become really bland.

I've seen a Mono gig twice in my life. Twice I left the venue before they ended. (and it never happened to me with any other band in my life). I really don't want to sound harsh (and please do not take this personally, as I see you're their fan), but to my ears, they personalize every embarrassing post-rock cliché imaginable.

Hey I’m not offended. That all sounds fair enough to me, even though I disagree. It’s hard not to be just plain fine with post-rock, but there’s still some good stuff out there. For me, I guess Mono is like comfort food at this point.

Nothing they’ve done compares to, say, “Millions Now Living...”
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|