Thread: Scientology
View Single Post
Old 04.06.2006, 10:16 AM   #28
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
I saw that south park, it is funny.

I think it is fine for you to think the belief in God is unreasonable, but that others who believe in God are unreasonable? It is a little more than not being told Santa doesn't exist, come on, give people some credit. Everyone knows in their heart that Santa doesn't exist. Every young child finds hidden presents before Christmas and know somethings up.

Believing in god is confronting ignorant christians everyday that completely misinterpret the bible and yet somehow still believing. About being confronted by athiest ideas and somehow still believing. I have barely gone to church my whole life, and I have not agreed with any one church. I wasn't brainwashed.

You believe in the possibility of God, I believe in the possibility of no God. In the possibility that the universe had came into formation from a small piece of mass that came ex nihilo and without cause, everything is possible, including God. I chose God because I feel I have some small fraction of awareness of God. I'm not a person who prays very often, but when I've been on the brink of death I do. I know Jesus existed as a historical figure, and I believe his teachings were the closest to my concept of God. I'm not saying other religions are wrong. There is a great possibility that God's contact with mankind extends beyond the bible and into other religions.

http://oregonstate.edu/instruct/phl3...artes-god.html
some Descartes, I don't think he was really unreasonable.

I refuse to believe that everyone who has ever seen or experienced the supernatural was lying or mistaken (I think many people are mistaken though.)

I'm sorry, but I think it is completely unreasonable to call religion the source of all evil and to call everyone who is religious in the least unreasonable.

If every black person I met was the stereotypical image of a black person, would it be fine for me to stereotype all black people?

Post Script:

I forgot to mention, the idea that humans have progressed so much from their dawn to the 21st century that they should be beyond X is utterly ridiculous. The human world has always been chaotic and it will never progress to utopia of any kind. Humankind will not change until our own eventual extinction. There is nothing that makes the 21st century special. That is as stupid as the old saying "Hello, it is the 90's!" Like the 90's are any more advanced than any other time. Technology and the advancement of thinking does not mean we are any better than the romans or the greeks, because we are not. We are not even past gladiatorial combat. Although we don't watch real fights to the death, it is glorified in our modern entertainment. Humans are carnal beings, nothing has changed.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|