View Single Post
Old 04.21.2017, 08:59 AM   #20945
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666

Red Dawn

In which Patrick Swayze, Emilio Estevez and some other high schoolers take on and (obviously) defeat a Soviet invasion of Colorado. It's sort of like a South Park episode but played totally straight. I have a bit of a soft spot for self proclaimed 'zen fascist' John Milius. As absurd as his films invariably are they're utterly unique. I'm curious to see the recent remake but I doubt that it'll be anywhere near as out-there as the original.

It's been eons since I've seen the original, but the remake is utterly generic and, for some fucking reason, very self-serious. You'd think this movie would best work as a sort of knowingly comedic thing like ... I don't know, the Addams Family or Brady Bunch movies. But no... it's super dramatic and predictably "high-octane" bullshit.

I didn't even finish it.

It's weird to me that you feel like you have to explain the plot of Red Dawn. I was under the impression that this was a cult classic for the snarks among us, and the stuff of biblical legend for rural survivalists and militia members.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|