View Single Post
Old 11.27.2008, 05:28 AM   #54
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagedbird
thurston doesn't seem to have anything to say anymore. his lyrics and vocal treatments are either too sincere or too artificial.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there, especially with the over-sincerity of some of his lyrics. I always sensed an underlying irony with songs like 'Society is a Hole', or 'Confusion is Next' but more recently he's been delivering his angst straight and the results, as on 'Or', can be quite cringeworthy. The move from young turk to elder statesman seems to have sat far less comfortably with him than it has with either Lee or Kim. The image Thurston's presenting, as some kind of jaded, reflective, burnt out rocker, just doesn't really resonate with either his vocal style or general demeanour. I much preferred him shouting about wanting to "kill the California girls" with his tongue fixed firmly in his cheek than wittering on during 'Snare, Girl', about how he has 'palms from the ruins'!
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|