View Single Post
Old 02.21.2014, 12:29 PM   #17748
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
evangelion 3.3

i hope someday the japanese are strong enough to kick all the americans out of the 20+ bases they've built in japan.

i hope so cuz otherwise china is gonna eat them for what they did in manchuria, nanking, etc.

Quote:
because all that americans dream about these days is zombie apocalypses and murdering people as an upgrade of their failed religion. its post christianity - sorting a godless humanity into the damned and the saved. there are no more dreams of the future in the american imaginary that aren't barbaric.

that's very fucking true. that's the thing about american morality that bugs me so much and i was hinting at after i saw that quebec movie. it's this fucking black and white thing, the absolutes, the goodies vs. the baddies, and even moral ambiguity always comes in extremes. which is why i liked rachel getting married (see above), in that it's a bit more blurry.

Quote:
i hope the japanese are strong enough to realize that if it came down to it those american soldiers would start murdering and pillaging japan like they already do in the middle east.

all soldiers rape and pillage. again, see the rape of nanking. oh shit they are afraid of what's coming.

Quote:
eva 3.3 is intelligent enough to include themes of environmental destruction, post humanism in a way that isn't conservative. it's a sign of a culture that's growing rather than dying like ours is. the protagonist can't even find the will to live. our culture on the other hand is in total denial about its anxiety and failure, which manifests as the aggressive demand to be positive at all times which is omnipresent nowadays.

which one is eva 3.3? i remember watching one where the kid runs this robot gets conscripted to find these aliens, his father is an abusive scientist and his mother is dead, kid works with other gifted/fucked up kids with the robots and at the end i forget what happens but i remember that it was all a metaphor of the author fighting his own depression, yes? which one was that and are there more? sorry i'm being lazy and not searching on my own but message boards are for talking, right? (unless you're suchfriends and you just post tired memes)
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|