View Single Post
Old 01.04.2010, 09:05 PM   #10
looking glass spectacle
100%

looking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asses
gah! now i wish i hadn't pointed out the source of the lyric.

it has nothing to do with 'direct'.... my reason for not minding that they didn't think it up themselves is that i find "originality" to be overrated... originality coupled with bad taste is far worse on the ears or the eyes than thievery coupled with good taste. obviously thievery coupled with bad taste should be punished harshly. this is really what happened to vanilla ice, as the beastie boys had already done far more theft than he had. they got away with it because they'd done it in style... rhymin and stealin, one might say.

jenn's reason for not minding that they didn't think it up themselves seems to have to do with there was no intention to deceive, but you'll have to ask her to elaborate...

in any case, if yr gonna be stubborn about it, forget i ever told you where the lyric came from...

looking glass spectacle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|