View Single Post
Old 06.17.2012, 12:41 PM   #1560
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
I was pretty confident about Russia, Poland not so much... interesting though was Advocaat's press conference the day before. He looked pretty uncomfortable, commentator's even suggesting it was like he sensed something was wrong.

true i guess, i was hoping more from poland being hosts. and with their 3 dortmund players who just won the bundesliga , and lewandowski was supposedly going to move to manchester... but it looks like not:

http://www.click-manchester.com/spor...drid-talk.html

(good for dortmund i say).

but it takes more than 3 players to make a team. still, the czechs were expected to be utter shit!

Quote:
But Denmark will be missing Rommedahl....

oh cool, i wasn't aware of that! (sorry danes). hard to get good journalistic coverage here.

Quote:
if anything, I'd slightly worry about some German players not looking at their top form yet. So far they didn't need to be to win their games, but as the tournament progresses I wonder if it's just a matter of only taking it out when needed or if they are indeed really somewhat off form.

i really don't know. i think their midfield is superb, but the attack was lacking in finish-- yes, gomez scored, but podolski has been nowhere and mueller hasn't even shot on target yet if i recall well... still, as long as they make room for gomez and gomez can score, i'm more or less happy.

the thing is though that as much as holland and portugal may be in different levels of disarray, they have a lot of individually great players-- beating them isn't easy no matter how you slice it, so it may not be a case of being off form as just having tough opponents (much like the russian attack going limp against the greek defense.)
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|