View Single Post
Old 01.13.2019, 01:38 PM   #6
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
A great thing about my January. Ms Ild and our cats are generally pretty cold in bad weather, and I generally run warm...so....closeness!

Ah, same! Same!

I was going to respond to this (very nice, thank you, Antagon) thread by saying something like, “I’ll let you know when something comes up!” but cold-weather cat cuddles are without question one of the highlights of life.

I come home from work late, exhausted, feeling like general rubbish and lately really noticing the emptiness of a once-shared home and I throw myself on the couch and fire up the Kindle or the laptop for a half hour or so of relative relaxation. And it’s immediate. The moment I’m spread out, my older cat (and long-term cohort and possible best friend) just hops right up, paws at my arm until I move it, and nuzzles himself into my armpit with his little kitty-paws propped up on my shoulder... just purring like a goddamn buzzsaw... and it sometimes makes me tear up a bit.

My younger cat is a little bit less of a smuggler and more of a bitch, but she eventually joins in too. It’s bliss.

The other day I recorded the purring on my phone and saved it as an MP3 on iTunes. Like 10 minutes of purring. Thinking about doing that more, because it’s like Xanax for the ears and heart.

I mean, life still fucking blows a lot, but animals are little pieces of God.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|