View Single Post
Old 02.24.2008, 08:43 PM   #42
nature scene
100%

nature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard sucka
who knew Ween could create such a rift?

it's so true that you either love them or hate them... i just don't understand why people feel it necessary to tell us over and over again that they hate them, but it is amusing.

very interesting that atsonicpark finds the Pod the most tolerable of the albums, that's the one I just can't stomach - a few good songs but mostly just the product of glue sniffing.

Chocolate and Cheese? eh... it's not my favorite either, but you can't beat the live version of Spinal Meningitis.

I think Quebec is hands down their strongest album. godWEENsatan is an album everyone should listen to at least once. I also think it's great that the band that wrote "Pork Roll Egg and Cheese" and "Poopship Destroyer" also went to Nashville to record an entire country album with some of the great artists from the Nashville country scene.

They absolutely do have the gift for songwriting like Lennon and McCartney - and don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Ween is better than the Beatles - but I think they understand pop music the same way. The opening song (Exactly Where I'm At) on White Pepper - their homage to the two beatles albums that clearly inspired their work - is a perfect example of how these guys understand what it takes to make great pop music. It's just that the Beatles never had songs about mutant invasions, mollusks, dying ponies, or speed-driven gangbangs - so people find it easier to listen to them.
nature scene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|