View Single Post
Old 03.14.2013, 01:33 PM   #2625
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
waitaminute...why was robben on the left?

ribéry was out injured. lacking any other substitute, they put robben there, but he gravitated back to his natural position, which is also mueller's. at times they switched and it was shit. then they just fucking overlapped. this effectively narrowed and cluttered bayern's attack, which is why (in my opinion anyway) yesterday's results were so shit.

if you follow bayern, you'll see that out front they can easily swap mandzukic/mueller for gomez/robben [center+right]. but ribery always always starts on the left.

i've talked often of bayern's deep bench but this is where it's lacking-- nobody can cover for ribéry. alaba probably more or less could, but he's needed on defense. and while other people get more glory or news coverage, i find the ribéry/alaba pair to create an awesome dynamic on bayern's left.

-----

ps- if i was henyckes i'd start training alaba/contento on the left to cover when ribery is absent, as contento already subs for alaba on defense and alaba has proven good on the attack (he even scored recently vs... oh i forget)
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|