View Single Post
Old 09.08.2017, 08:40 AM   #33
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
SY is my favorite rock band. They have been since I got Daydream Nation when it came out. I have ridden the ups, the downs, the all-arounds, with my band. I even went back and re-listened to EJST&NS to give it another chance after ten years and it STILL FUCKING SUX.

hahahhah!

The best thing about Sonic Youth is that what they did was so idiosyncratic, so dependent on those four personalities, that no one has really been able to coe along andcarry the torch. Polvo tried, but failed, and SY outlasted them. Unwound tried, and burned themselves out. The fact that, even in 1988, the members of SY were all 10-12 years older than anyone in the other bands I loved at the time made them seem wise beyond their years.

I spent decades forcing SY on anyone who would listen, at parties, at friend's houses, during ten hour acid trips, etc. and while some poeple liked aspects of the Youth (the rockers really loved Dirty and the fat riffs, for example) I have never found anyone in my daily life that has the same passion for their skronk as I do.