View Single Post
Old 02.05.2015, 06:59 AM   #156
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
apologies for any confusion, am working through some real emotional trauma with this at the minute. also 95% trolling but hey I'm fucking bemused.

expanding on my thought process, take yeezus as west's artistic zenith: while I can appreciate how brazen that record must sound from a mainstream perspective, the fact remains that musically speaking it accomplishes nothing, WHICH WOULD BE FINE were the man not revered as if he is some deity, a man who is somehow burdened by the greatest bout of creativity ever known to humankind. it's almost as if kanye west as an individual has been supplanted by the notional kanye, kanye the god, to the point where this frankly dull self-constructed characterisation has rendered his music irrefutably worthy of veneration so to speak. and while I can tolerate this TO A POINT, when you start making starbucks R&B pop with paul mccartney, whose presence on this frankly atrocious song does little but tarnish his already faded legacy I think that we as a purportedly discerning (or so it may have once seemed) listenership must re-evaluate. I mean mccartney's presence is indistinguishable to the point where were it not mccartney the instrumental would go unnoticed.

what I'm saying is that the kanye west/rihanna/mccartney track sounds like sandi fucking thom, and yet our fundamentally cynical society is so blinded by the non-existent 'west enigma' as to fail to recognise that yes, this music is OBJECTIVELY SHIT. OBJECTIVELY. IRREFUTABLY. FUCKING. SHITE. BALLS. SCROTUM.

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|