View Single Post
Old 06.28.2018, 09:53 AM   #9886
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
so i have to ask. a couple of days ago i read about this one-sided english rivalry against german football. how come?

is it the war? (“don’t talk about the war, basil!”)

is it that, as gary lineker is quoted, “they always win”? (clearly not today but for the last 1/2 century or so)

curious about all this. someone who is in it please explain

there's a Wikipedia page about it, and it's very very long:
England–Germany football rivalry

and then there's also links on that page to the Dutch - German rivalry and the Italy - German rivalry

I can't speak for the English, but for the Dutch the war definitely influenced it in the past, but not so much any more for the younger generations. But we still are always happy when Germany loses. Personally I'm more neutral, if Germany would win from Netherlands and they played a great match, it's totally fine for me. But as Lineker says, they always end up winning in a sneakily manner.
This is probably the most famous NL-DE clash. But he deserved it! Really!

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|