View Single Post
Old 07.20.2009, 11:31 AM   #8
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
The Coachmen broke up and I decided to play the guitar as if I existed in a pure state of mine and could attack it with flowing mindful sensitive energy/expression. I knew nothing of jazz, free jazz, or any studied musical concept of improvisation. I had a ratty skinny-lapel suit jacket (all East Village poor-boy punk rockers had one) and no job. I jammed with this girl Miranda who asked me after our first 'session,' "Do you always play like that?" I wasn't sure. It was new to me. She said her best friend was this beautiful artist named Kim. They played music together in a group called CKM, which was the two of them and the drummer Christine Hahn from Glenn Branca's trio The Static. I was duly impressed and even more exciting was that they were trying to get Nina Canal from UT to play with them. Kim wore glasses with flip-up shades and had an Australian sheepdog named Egan. She had an off-center ponytail and wore a blue and white striped shirt and pants outfit.

She had beautiful eyes and the most beautiful smile and was very intelligent and seemed to have a sensitive/spiritual intellect. She seemed to really like me. I definitely liked her but was scared as always to make a move. I was afraid to kiss her. We walked around a couple of times. One night it got late and we were eating at Leshko's and I think she wanted me to ask her over. I only lived up the street. So we parted. She would take the subway way the fuck up to the west side in the 100's somewhere. She was staying at gallery owner Anina Nosei's place. Before she split she actually touched my arm(!) and said, "See you later." She moved into a raw railway apartment on Eldridge Street below Grand Street. The artist Dan Graham lived upstairs and had acquired the place for her. She invited me over one evening and I played this beat up guitar she had. I knew the guitar because it belonged to David Bowes, an associate of the Coachmen gang, who left it at Jenny Holzer's loft where kim stayed and somehow it passed on to her. All she had was the guitar and a foam rubber cushion for sleeping. That night was the first time we kissed. The end.