View Single Post
Old 06.22.2016, 09:13 PM   #7493
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
right-- you gotta get them when they're 6 or 7 and develop the shit out of them

this around the world is done in the youth division of professional clubs-- clubs develop their future players since childhood. later on they either become the stars or they get bought/sold.

with our current system however there is no incentive for teams to develop youth. instead there's the goofy draft with ANCIENT college-age players. does not work.

and unlike the rest of the world you can't play if you're a poor kid-- you need a soccer mom/dad with a minivan who pays fees, uniforms, hotels, travel etc. in other countries, the club pays you. so the poor who play shoeless can become stars and the sport is a ticket out of poverty-- hence the motivation to be a pro.

e.g. read the bios of juan cuadrado, or carlos salcido-- guaranteed tearjerkers

so on this regard klinsmann has done very good things as a technical director-- trying to identify promising 9-year-olds and get them coached, instilling professionalism and work ethic at all levels, finding and recruiting american players abroad, etc.

other than that i don't know what else could klinsmann do-- maybe send all the promising kids to germany? i read that pulisic's croatian father took him to germany and got him a croatian passport so he could play there, while the rest of the family stayed back in the US.

jermaine jones btw grew up in frankfurt and was a middling pro in europe-- only been playing MLS in his old age. had he been better he probably would have played for germany. sad but true, their leftovers are our stars. talent gap.

so as TD i think klinsmann has done very well. as coach he has shown his limits i think, making bad tactical decisions.

i think the new possession based way is better than before, and now he just needs to consolidate. going back to a 4-4-2 because of argentina was a pussy move that i believe backfired. same as with belgium in the world cup.

better to have gone out in glorious flames-- at least some shots to goal or a... "gol de honor"-- don't know how to translate that-- a goal in a defeat that allows you to save face, and say "we scored".

then again demonrails argument has been that a 4-4-2 is better for "simple" teams with fewer technical resources. if anything, leicester's rise in the prem proves him right-- a modest team becoming champion by basically defending like crazy and launching deadly counters with one quick & skilled forward (does it remind you of landycakes?).

i have to say that i haven't actually watched leicester or vardy play, it's all from reading about it, so, can't guarantee with my own eyes.

the 4-4-2 may have fallen out of fashion but it can be deadly effective though, is the point.

and yes that's what the US team used to do, more or less.

i like the possession system better, it's nicer to watch, i think it gives you more options and control-- it's the going back and forth between whole systems, not just formations, that causes confusion and collapse.

so, yeah, it's time to settle on a style and stick to it. commit to possession and live with the consequences, or go back to dinosaur ball-- but we can't be waffling like this and testing forever because the players won't know where to stand on the pitch and they will fuck up. ESPECIALLY waffling during a tournament. we were doing well with possession and attacking football, should have stuck to it and live/die by it.

since we don't have huge technical resources, and practice time for national teams is limited, one can't aspire to be super flexible & adaptable like a professional team can sometimes (e.g. bayern under heynckes could play possession or play counter).

i think klinsmann needs to lock a system and just practice practice practice that at this point. either one will do, just commit to it and do the best you can with it. or to quote some shit i heard in a computer game-- "if you chase 2 rabbits, you will lose them both"

lightning continues in chicago, apparently. im getting tired of waiting.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|