View Single Post
Old 07.17.2010, 01:32 PM   #1
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

shabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's asses
attention videogame thread!!!

Now that I know that here are some killer7 loving folks around I am trying to introduce another masterpiece by the same creator. Its called Flower sun and Rain, available originally for the PS2 but in Japanese only.
A port was made for the Nintendo DS almost two years ago, which I preordered these days.
the story is around a guy who has to stop a terrorist on a paradise isle to bomb an airplane. the main character gets distracted from his target in multiple ways and kinda experiences every day like the groudhog day, the plane explodes in the end, for various reasons. but the game develops to be more complex to the second half of the already long games, where cloning, fbi agents, different forms of death occur. this is as mystic as mystic can be!

thats to keep it short.
whats really interesting, its made by Suda51, the creator behind killer7, FSR, No more heroes (wii) and the (japanese) silver case. all of these games (except NMH) come from the same "kill the past" themed timeline.
which I will stop to write about here, cause it can fill a ton of sites, hahaha.

the game is truly unique, I am quoting another Suda51 maniac when I say that FSR is like surreal oil painting coming to life. what david lynch is movies is suda51 to games. the soundtrack alone make it purchase worthy (same guy as K7)

things this game does:
- gives you a superb soundtrack, from remixes of classical music to great electronica tunes, which blend nicely with the overall feel
-makes fun of itself as a game with bad graphics (through a child character)
-stretches a level to almost painfully loooong gameplay, but its warning you beforehand
-gives you riddles which are all solved with numbers, and its really creative with that (from easy to mindbending in a complete different way, sometimes)
-features memorable to complete strange characters overall (from childs getting hit, over masked wrestlers (again), to godlike hyenas)

I could go on with that forever, but enough is enough

If you enjoyed anything from lynch and like to play games, do yourself a favour and play FSR (and/or K7).

If somebody already played it, I would love to share some thoughts, theories etc. over the game.

btw its going for a complete bargain at every gamestop / amazon /ebay

I highly recommend the Nintendo DS version

shabbray2.0 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|