View Single Post
Old 11.10.2019, 12:06 PM   #344
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Wolf Eyes first release was 1998, the same year I got married. SYG has 17 Wolf Eyes threads and NINE of the threads were started in 2006, so I’m guessing SYG was my proper introduction to Wolf Eyes???

(sad to know SYG is now a place most new post fail to receive 9 responses)

John & Nate were all over the venue and open for discussion if you so engaged. As I was looking over the merch table, some young guy had Olson’s ear explaining how he had 50ish Wolf Eye releases and John kept responding, “yep, yep, yep”......like 12 yeps just while I was standing there.

The show opened with Nate Young twisting and manipulating knobs, creating crunchy sounding thuds as John mostly blew a whistle, woodblock and eventually, his saxophone.

They were mostly subdued in their playing, even when creating a massive walls of noise. This current tour focuses on them as a duo based around electronics-synths-tapes-reeds and voice......no stabbed in the face guitar. They played for 50 minutes ending a few minutes shy of 1am.

The merch table was sparse. I picked up a puzzle CD in a zip-lock bag, both tour tapes (plus extra copy of each for trading) and a autographed/numbered zine.

I saw several people come in just before Wolf Eyes started. I overheard someone ask how was Dinosaur Jr? Also in Houston last night was the Travis Scott Astroworld extravaganza at NRG Stadium......Marilyn Manson performed:

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|