View Single Post
Old 05.11.2016, 01:26 PM   #73
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by selkcip
Digging the macro-resolution string phenomena (pletctrum attack, atonal, percussive qualities, wild harmonics) on Burn the Witch. Regarding the rest of the album, overall, there's too much piano.. like 14 excess piano. Tinker Tailor just sort of floats away, after a promising start. Decks Dark is a proper creeper, with swagger. Dope synth and guitar chord strums on "Identikit." Ful Stop will undoubtedly be the people's favorite. Feels like a big Beck record, in the vein of Sea Change or Mutations. Thom sounds tired. I'm thinking a pale 3.8 to a solid, albeit inclined 4.35 (gradient) out of five. But that could change, stay tuned.

I initially agreed that it was a bit heavy on the piano but I realized it fit well into the overall feel, tone, and composition of this record so I didn't mind it. I also felt that Thom sounds very reserved for a radiohead record, but I almost think that is what they are going for. Also agree that Thom has a minimized vocal presence compared to previous radiohead BUT I also feel that is what he was going for..

which will likely please Severian who apparently thinks Thom should leave the group

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|