View Single Post
Old 10.14.2018, 06:03 AM   #4975
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
Your only point of disagreement with me seems to be about the future orientation of Fascism, in which case I concede the argument. Your observation about a globalist/nationalist/theocratic anti-democratic (authoritarian) triad also seems astute, with my worry being that the US will end up in the nationalist camp with Russia and China (Oceania/Eurasia/East Asia?). I certainly hope we're both wrong about the future prospects for democracy in the world.

I was really only trying to nuance Stanley's argument, rather than disagree with yours, but anyway.

I see Trump as largely irrelevant in all this. The really interesting thing will be who succeeds him, either from the Conservative/Right, Liberal/Left or some other axis that's yet to emerge. The obvious fear amongst his opponents is that he's defining the beginning of something, but I tend to think he's more a chaotic convulsive interregnum merely marking the end of a Boomer inspired Progressive/Neo-Liberal experiment, that's been rejected by those largely from that generation who felt increasingly alienated by it. I'd say the same thing about Brexit. But, for all the studies looking at how millennials are thinking politically, we really have no idea. My feeling though is that Sanders probably arrived onto the scene two elections too early and watch out for Steve Bannon, or anyone who might emerge in his image.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|