View Single Post
Old 06.20.2008, 07:56 AM   #44
reginald
stalker

reginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrei
Disc rot has nothing to do with how you burn the discs. It is about how the manufacturer applied the lacquer on the discs, so it is their fault not ours, the users. I had this kind of problems with Samsung Black CD-R's, which aren't quite lousy and cheep. I have cheeper bulk blanks who are in mint condition over a very good amount of time, burned and stored the same way as thos Samsungs...

http://cdrot.com/info/why-are-cd-rotting-how-it-happens

Yes, I understand about the disc-rot, I was just carrying it further with data breakdown on cdr's. I think any archivist will just have to continually reburn to new discs or transfer data to new HD's are whatever new hardware storage comes out with new technology. What a hassle though, huh ? I don't compress.

Funny thing is, manufacturers used to put on the discs..."Will last a lifetime under proper care". They're right ! They DO last the DISCS lifetime !!

Fuckers !
reginald is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|