View Single Post
Old 04.14.2017, 06:11 PM   #91
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by selkcip
https://soundcloud.com/throttleclark/peak-magnetic

jury's still out on the new Clark... hate to beat a dead horse, but it seems like there's a lot going on in his tracks, except it's hard to hear (or get 'inside', around the sounds) because of the compressed quality. He reminds me of Bibio

Ah! Thanks for sparking a conversation!

Yes, I know what you mean about Clark. I think his self-titled album was great, but the rest is touch and go. Same with Bibio. I heard a Bibio track once and it floored me (can't recall the name at the moment) so I bought the album and it was totally missable.

Bonobo is a bit guilty of this kind of thing too. Capable of great things, but usually just resorts to half-baked, pretty-good-nothing-more stuff.

Reliable electronic artists are rare. There's RDJ, Koze, Nicolas Jaar, Vladislav Delay, and... I'm having a hard time thinking of others just now.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|