View Single Post
Old 03.23.2007, 12:07 PM   #3
DJ Rick
100%

Location: Sacto (CA) Institute for Record Collection Scrutiny
DJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not sure how Ss came to know about Los Llamarada, but he did convince the band to send him the master cassette of this boombox-recorded album, which he pressed.

There's an interesting discussion going on at Terminal Boredom with Ss about the Mexican scene in general, and why it's strange that we Americans don't hear of much in the way of punk and experimental or otherwise more overtly subversive music coming from Mexico...especially compared to places like Brazil that are so far from our borders. A theory that's been thrown out there is that Mexico's government has been repressive to a point that such expressions have been deterred or crushed. Another is about how punk culture was not exposed to Mexicans, and therefore Mexico is 15 years behind the curve of adopting or becoming inspired by punk and all its predecessors.

Since you live there and obviously know the music better than us, I'd like to know what you think...
http://terminal-boredom.com/forums/i...p?topic=5065.0
DJ Rick is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|