View Single Post
Old 09.30.2015, 02:25 PM   #19095
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
I've seen almost every Godard film, barring some very hard-to-find things and some television stuff. Also, anything made in the past seven or so years because I gave up on him.

This is a confession, not a brag. There is exactly one which I sort of like (Masculine/Feminine). Some I "appreciate." Most I have forgotten entirely.

Has anyone bothered with his post-70s output? Did Numéro Deux draw your attention by being billed as a sequel to Breathless? (It isn't.) Anyone get conned into his King Lear? (Nothing to do with the play.) Or has anyone seen Soigne ta droite, which I'm told is a comedy? (It isn't).

If you're frustrated by Godard in his prime, you'll wish cinema had never been invented once he stopped giving a fuck.

I see someone took the time to review a lot of his more obscure stuff on IMDB. These reviews read better than films watch. Highly recommended, but don't let them inspire you to actually track down any of the films.

I don't mind his 1st few films, but even with those, he always seemed like he was trying a bit too hard, a bit too keen to impress. Although if there's one film from that period that I do really like, it's Le Mepris - but even with that, the things I like most about it are probably its least Godardian. Either way, everything else I can take-or-leave, at best, and I pretty much gave up on him altogether after the 70s.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|