View Single Post
Old 05.08.2016, 10:23 AM   #88
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
He deserves to rest in peace more than David Bowie does? What a weird thing to think. Weirder still to say. I'll admit, Prince's music has been more important to my life than Bowie's... I'm pretty much a Station to Station and Low guy when it comes to Bowie. I don't fuck with much else... at least not on a regular basis. While Prince has about seven albums that I don't think I could live without, and SO many individual songs that mean so much to me ina personal level that I can't even begin to count them up.

So I'm more affected by Prince's death than I was by Bowie's. I prefer Prince's music on the whole to Bowie's. But I still think Bowie was a brilliant man who left an incredible legacy behind.

But boy did they have it wrong when they said -- as so many did around the time of Bowie's death -- that he was the "last of the originals." People were thinking in very traditional, white, Beatles-derived rock icon terms when they said that. Prince is definitely a more original force than Bowie. And besides, there's still Dylan, Neil Young, Sir Paul, Mick and Keith, Iggy and all those other old ass fuckers.

But yeah, Prince > Bowie, for sure, all things considered. Though ★/Blackstar is so so so much better than anything Prince dropped in his last 15 years on this planet.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|