View Single Post
Old 12.09.2009, 08:59 AM   #266
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Awesome awesome weekend! Was really cool to meet some of the boardies in the flesh. Music wise, there was just so much joy, and several new discoveries. The Dirty Three were extraordinarily good. Thanks to Stu, I checked out Th' Faith Healers, who I didn't know at all, but who were totally mind blowing. Definite highlight. I was unsure whether De La Soul would be good live, but they were fucking fantastic! One of the most fun musical experience I've ever had. As for SY, they were amazing of course. Only the second time I've seen them live, so it's still a big deal for me. Lightening Bolt were also the shit!

Seeing MBV was also great, although a bit weird/difficult to process. It was just like "holy shit, it's MBV!", and that kind of prevented me from really clicking with it as much as I would want too. I came and saw the holocaust part at the end of the show again on Sunday though, and just curled up in the fetal position on the floor and let it completely consume me, and that was pretty amazing. I will admit though that their live presence is somewhat dull, but that's to be expected.

Sun Ra, EPMD, and the Lily's were all great too. The Lily's were another new discovery for me, and I really loved them. Need to check out their stuff.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|