Thread: CD vs Vinyl
View Single Post
Old 03.10.2009, 01:56 PM   #65
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Second-hand CDs. If they're good, they're nearly always fucked. If they're not good, the case will still be fucked.

Second-hand LPs. Tatty sleeve from time to time, but will usually play.

I buy a lot of vinyl from charity stores, but I can't think of a single CD I've got from same.

I wouldn't generally show a preference - I own more CDs by pragmatism - but CDs do not get as well looked after as LPs for me.

yes, but you must admit that the 2nd hand vinyl is not the crispest sound, it has the vintage vinyl pops and fuzz, which as a purist drives me bonkers! I can hear every subtle detail with the ear of the conductor of the damned philharmonic.. I prefer analog recordings, but they need to permanence of the digital format, analog format like vinyl and cassettes lose their quality too much over time..

while you won't buy a 2nd hand CD (though I do all the time from used record stores who resurface the discs to play perfectly) cuz it might be scratched, in this time it is MUCH easier to get a new CD that has been reissued or download the tune from the internet than to find it on new vinyl, and when it comes to vinyl for me it as to be new to have the least crackle and pop.. i'd be ten times more likely to enjoy a used disc than buy a used record.. I love the 'warmth' and natural sound of analog, but the inherent flaws of the medium urk me to no end..

for my part I say good riddence! The only place I want to hear vinyl is on the dancefloor at the reggae club, and even then I prefer live gigs..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|