View Single Post
Old 05.17.2016, 08:30 AM   #1962
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
What the hell was p-fork thinking when they wrote this pullout, though?

Quote:
Quote from Pitchfork's Kris Ex:
Chance the Rapper's Coloring Book is one of the strongest rap albums released this year, an uplifting mix of spiritual and grounded that even an atheist can catch the Spirit to.

Ok... Where to begin. With the comma splice? The reference to the project as an album? The clunky phrasing? ("Mix of spiritual and grounded..." what, chief? Dying to know, over here.) Or the fact that this tagline run-on sentence ends with a *fucking* preposition?

To be fair, I understand what the writer is saying in that last bit; that, essentially, you don't need to be religious to be moved by the album. But it sounds like he's saying that you can "catch the Spirit" (that should be a lower case "s," boss, unless you're referring to the Holy Spirit, which, last I checked, was not contagious) to the record. As in, while listening to the record.

I think he means that we can all appreciate the artistic spirit of Chance's new music. But it sounds like he's talking about a fucking dance called "Catch the Spirit" that can be done to the "album."

Long story short, this is really lazy, bullshit writing. I should know. I do so much lazy, bullshit writing every day. But this would never make it past a proofreader, or even a grammar check, in my world.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|