View Single Post
Old 09.11.2014, 10:26 AM   #2
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
To me, this is the most melancholy and beautiful SY album. It takes me through from beginning to end on a ride of memory and sound.

I love it so much

Tom Violence - Love how this song builds, and love how it never veers off into a standard chorus.
Shadow of a Doubt - Maybe the best Kim song ever? Maybe the quietest mind fuck of a video ever? I love this song. I fell in love with Kim because of this song.
Star Power - Love hoe this song builds too! Different side of Kim Loved hearing two Kim songs in a row. she knows how to make love...
In The Kingdom #19 - Lee is the MAN! I love and have always loved this crazy freakout of a track. It is the first song I heard ever where i was not barfing because of the spoken word, and made me appreciate the way Lee's words pain images that match the music, and I love when Thurston throws firecrackers. Song about death and killing and love how it fades
Green Light - I have always taken this to be the best love song Sonic Youth ever wrote. When you first find a special someone that feeling of GO GO GO, the green light, is evident.
Death to Our Friends - LOVE this track. Love how the guitars sound like not guitars and the drums and the whole fucking thing,
Secret Girls - This song is deceptively heavy, in it's theme, and I find it awesome when Kim sings things that make me feel she is unloading heavy emotional shit, even if it is in the guise of another, such as in the song Tunic.
Marilyn Moore - If Marilyn Monroe had married Thurston she would be Marilyn Moore...This is a cool , sad, atmospheric song full of washes of sound that I love
Expressway to YR Skull - "We're gonna find the meaning of feeling good
And we're gonna stay there
As long as we think we should"
Nuff said people! I love this fucking song!

Bubblegum - I love how the Sonic Youth always let us off with a laugh, because they understand that their themes and songs can be ponderous and depressing,. and they want us to know IT'S STILL ROCK N ROLL people!!!1 It is like a cordial after a fancy dinner.