View Single Post
Old 02.18.2009, 01:11 PM   #11
jetengine
children of satan

jetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunderbuss
^
No, I can't agree there. I can't imagine there are that many people are going to have spent much time standing in a record shop with Dirty in one hand and Please Just Leave Me My Paul Desmond in the other, going "shit, I just don't know which to buy...."

Well, far more than you think--especially when it comes to the more serious and readily available solo and side projects. (A devoted fan has to choose between a Bark Haze CD limited to 250 copies, a one-sided Ranaldo LP limited to 200 copies, a Thurston picture disc limited to 500 copies, and the latest Sonic Youth 'mainstream' album available in 'limitless' quantities on all three formats--now surely scenarios like that have eaten into the rapidity of the band's mainstream album sales over the years. They've been their own worst enemies on many occasions.) But I also meant that Sonic Youth have spent a great deal of time making and touring behind those side releases--time that might have been better spent writing, recording and promoting the Geffen and SYR titles. I mean, look how the SYR series got sidetracked after Goodbye 20th Century in '99....
jetengine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|