View Single Post
Old 04.29.2019, 01:29 PM   #39
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by shallow27
1. I've never said that bands have no right to earn money with live recordings or whatever
2. I've never said that anybody is forcing me to buy those recordings
3. I know music industry is in crisis etc... and some great bands have to go on tour despite they are old or tired
4. I don't expect anything for free, those shows are not new actually, they're just best quality or more complete so I'll survive without them

For me to be musician or artist is not exactly a work, it can become a job, you can make money from your art but it's not a WORK in the classical sense, in fact even when artists die they're making money for others (Kurt Cobain...); my point of view maybe is selfish or idealistic or romantic or weak, forgive me but I still find sad to have to pay for an amateur recording of an alternative group (and for my english...). I will say no more about this issue... enjoy the recordings

I suppose some of what is being conveyed is also being misunderstood...

However, one of your last statements noting "amateur recording" is incorrect on "some" of these live recordings being made available. Some (but not all) on this site are professionally recorded especially those from 90's thru 00's/10's and mixed by SY tech(s) (i.e. Arron Mullen).

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|