View Single Post
Old 03.13.2018, 09:51 AM   #40990
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
where is the line between minimalism and fetishizing being poor as fuck?

I don't think the extreme nature of minimalist living is the right solution to consumerism. it seems like a reactionary opposite, which in Japan works because everything is expensive as fuck and there just is not much room for homes and personal belongings.

that fridge full of frozen rice is crazy.

it’s funny that you see poverty and deprivation and i see a huge RELIEF. it’s like “aaaaaaah, i can breathe...”.

i’m *always* trying to get rid of my stuff, and there are so many infinite layers of stuff it’s mind-boggling. you can’t just throw everything arbitrarily because you’ll be at the store next day trying to get new stuff to function again. because it’s not really about too many things per se, it’s about too many functions operating in your life, and how each of them interconnect in a tangled tangled web. it’s taking me years to dismount/decommission them, and really to optimize them, i’m not anywhere near finished.

i really find a huge mental relief in simplicity. it’s not a fetish, i think anyway, it’s more about having more peace and silence and pleasure. not having to care after so many unnecessary things. how can i put it: it’s good for my serotonin.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|