Thread: Anna Calvi
View Single Post
Old 10.18.2011, 05:32 AM   #76
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decayed Rhapsody
When I was referring to banality I was referring to Circuit des Yeux's stuff, still not sure why she's relevant to Calvi. I saw her at Silent Barn in Brooklyn (I think it was at the infamous Drunkdriver/Mattin show) in early '09 and it was your average art-school-person-knob-twiddling-on-floor display.

I'd say Rider To The Sea is very surf-influenced, along with a few other tracks. I'm not really a fan of her Calvi's visual aesthetic (it's not Annie Lennox AT ALL - Annie has always been visually engaging and Calvi looks like a failed flamenco dancer showing up to a board meeting, but w/e). I do wonder how the whole hype got rolling for her. She must have known someone at Domino or in the "mainstream indie" world because she appeared out of nowhere.

She's been 'mentored' by Brian Eno? That's the reason why everything happened, thought it was common knowledge.

I like her music and her looks, she focuses on the music and that's it.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|