Thread: bandcamp
View Single Post
Old 03.23.2020, 07:46 PM   #470
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
I regretfully missed out on a Sandy Ewen & Bill Nace release that was available via Post-Materialization Music's Bandcamp not so long ago. Paypal issues got in the way of ordering the lathe cut record, and I couldn't afford to spend crazy dollars on a test pressing (still available now).
She is great (have seen her play solo; with Tom Carter; and Garden Medium), and I know she has made some interesting collaborations with artists from Mexico. She's very prolific and there are lots of recordings (a few of them for free) on Bandcamp. To associate her with the noise/free-jazz/experimental scene from Texas wouldn't be absurd, either.

Hopefully, these "Fee-Free Fridays" would happen more often, though it'd be better if it weren't behind circumstances such as apocalyptic as these. I purchased The Observatory's "August Is The Cruellest", Thought Forms' self-titled record (10th anniversary reissue), which I've been dying to have for a long while now; and "ABOVE US ONLY SKY" by Lingua Ignota, to lift my spirit.

It sucks you missed out on the Ewen/Nace release, I totally forgot about it. I have a few Sandy Ewen releases and they are all enjoyable. The first time I saw Sandy perform, she opened for C.J. Boyd

I’m very familiar with, Sandy. I saw her on a couple of occasions in Houston before she relocated to New York. Sandy’s mom and family still live in Houston and for consecutive years, Sandy has spent November-January in Houston and she usually collaborates and performs with long time friends.

It’s very cool you got to see, Garden Medium. One of GM’s members is, Carol Sandin Cooley. Carol is an original member of Houston’s: Rotten Piece.

Carol and her husband, Austin, perform as: Illicit Relationship and they are also members of: Black Leather Jesus.

I’ve had opportunity to see Tom Carter perform in his “newer” band: Morning Scales The Mountain
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|