View Single Post
Old 03.21.2020, 03:47 PM   #1580
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Thousand Threads
^^looking good! have no idea what a PDX or Otto is, must be a thing though.

isolation food #2

so today i went to the butcher because I was out of bones for stocks. I didn't have much money with me because i forgot that he doesn't take cards. So i just ordered beef and pork bones and he says: "well boy, you need something to chew on, how many are you guys?" "Four", i say and he hands me four thick pieces of dry aged fillets. for free.

Since i basically only buy groceries in small shops and mostly know the people who run it, i'm kinda used to get some extra free stuff...
but something like this never happened to me.
Such a nice butcher.
Thinking about bringing him a cake next time i visit. or sauerkraut.

look at it:

I'm not really a steak guy, but here's what i did today...

Steak with herbs-orange crust, potato-celery gratin and fenel-gin salat

-cook up whipped cream together with thyme, rosmarin and salt (liquid should taste just a little bit too salty) . pour over thinly sliced potatos and celery - layer by layer, always press the vegetables a bit then next layer.
-put in oven at 150C for an hour

-meahnwhile take out the fillets and rub them in finely cut or grounded thyme, rosmarin, orange cest, corianderseeds, juniper, bay leaves

- marinate thinly cut fenel with roasted fenelseeds, fenel-green, shallots, orange-juice, gin (i usually use Pastis or something alike, but gin works surprisingly well too) and salt

-after about an hour, the gratin should be nicely tanned, reduce the oven to 80C
-roast meat over high heat and put in oven at 80C. Had mine in for about 40min... depends on the size of the pecker.
-take out. let rest for a bit. throw on the plate. dive in.

what a nice butcher.

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|