View Single Post
Old 12.13.2016, 12:10 PM   #1008
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
We've been just steamrolling through American Horror Story. I guess I'm finally desensitized to the gross sexual bullshit. Anyway...

Just finished:

Had its moments but mostly it was a letdown. Also, the ABSOLUTE BUTCHERING of David Bowie and Nirvana songs didn't help a goddamn thing. I liked Angela Basset and Kathy Bates a lot though. Highlights of the season for sure.

Now we've started:

Bloody and too much goth rock in episode one. But some scary stuff too. Not sure how I feel about Lady Gaga replacing Jessica Lange (yeesh!), but there's some coolness to it.

So far, this is how I rank the seasons:

1. AHS: Coven (Season 3) — Without a single fucking moment of doubt, this is the best, best, best. High watermark of acting, storytelling, and compelling drama for the whole show. More of this, less of everything else!
2. AHS: Asylum (Season 2) — Nowhere near as good as Coven, but still pretty good. Way better than the rest.
3. AHS: Murder House (Season 1) — Everyone was loathsome and everything was disgusting but at least it didn't butcher Bowie or Nirvana.
4. AHS: Freak Show (Season 5) — Storywise, probably a bit better than season 1... but again, the musical savagery was too horrific by far

We'll see about Gaga Hotel.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|