View Single Post
Old 08.06.2020, 06:23 PM   #132
samuel
the end of the ugly

samuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.sound
Sam Prekop - Comma
- instrumental modular music like Old Punch Card only Aphexy.

Hum - Inlet
- that 90s space rock band is back! 1st song okay. I don't know about the rest because it all sounds the same.

100 gecs - 1000 gecs and The Tree of Clues
- huge disappointment. At least we got a studio version of Came to My Show.

Animal Collective - Bridge to Quiet
- AC have made a bit of a return to form in recent years. This one is in the vein of ODDSAC.

Magik Markers, Julianna Barwick, Matthewdavid's Mindflight, and Eiko Ishibashi are all good too

Agree with your take on Inlet. I'll certainly give it another go one day.

Watched the premiere of "Microphones in 2020" on YouTube today. Really enjoyed it with the photographs. A 44-minute song is a lot to digest, but Phil has plenty of other accessible stuff out there. Definitely a cool concept.

Land of Talk's "Indistinct Conversations" came out last week. Can see myself coming back to this all the time. Love the playful strumming and minimal production. Liz's voice hits me deep.
samuel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|