View Single Post
Old 02.03.2009, 02:16 PM   #19
sarramkrop

NEW RELEASES (the upcoming truckload)
ALOHA---
its been so long since we had a legit release that we practically forgot we were a band, rich thought he was in the traveling circus and i was under the impression that we were in a touring horseshit/pink reason cover band, what other way to explain the coming and going of nearly 13 different bass players? "if i ever have to sing bad vibrations again" i said to myself, "i'm gonna find the dick that wrote it and kick himin the face", but i guess thats me, and my dirty feet can't reach.... oh well, one day.
Anyways, at various points during the last year and a half we somehow managed to record something like 30 new songs without even knowing it. theres songs that sound like duran duran and mos def in the same ten second stretch, its pretty intense. how did this happen? all i remember is that we woke up from a delusional drug coma found out we had purchased a sampler and lots of other weird pedals and FX shit and there were two full reels of material just relaxing in their spools. when we listened to the stuff we started to laugh uncontrollably, "whoa, this shit is kinda gay and funny" we said. but noones gonna wanna jam 30 songs in a row, so we set about the quite rigorous and intellectual task of putting them together into little groups or patterns that made sense to us, of course this just made even less sense b/c rich and i have really poor judgement, and we eneded up with one extended player with nothing but reverberated drum solos on it, needless to say siltbreeze was thrilled with the "new direction" but thought that it needed some more instrumental interludes, so back to the drawing board we went. months passed, we drank, we ate (drugs), we fought, we broke up the band at least 20 times and finnaly said fuck it, this blows---
only last night, after seeing the ghost of our long gone 3rd bass player "sanchez", did all these fuuny recordings start to gel. see, sanchez told us that if we wanted any of this shit to make sense as albums and ep's then we gotta forget about it cause the shit what we recorded sucks ass and don't fit together any which way you slice it. so we threw all the song titles and descriptions into a cincinnatti reds hat and made up the next six months of our recorded output lives.
and it goes like this.....

first up, a self released LP collecting our very first and oldest 4 track recordings
--GOLDEN OLDIES the paper singles collection, LP only! to be released in march or april, 20 trax from 2005-2006 (contact us about pre-order)

then the new material,
all of it...
---SHITGAZE ANTHEMS 12" EP (woodsist) 6 songs out spring 2009
---ACID TEST 12" EP (troubleman unltd.) 7 jams out late spring/early sum 09
---BEACHED WAILS 7" (cdr singles club) 3 songs surprise release date!
---TOO MANY HITS LP (siltbreeze) second full length out late summer 09

after that, who knows? maybe you too will put out a horseshit release this year, maybe we'll have 30 more jams by summer, maybe we'll finally LET rick rubin produce that horseshit album he's been waiting so patiently to do for years. "the futures in the air" as they say.
thats the short and long of it though. go buy these if you see them. we hope you will like them but don't really give a fuck if you actually do. if yr a distro interested in GOLDEN OLDIES please hit us up at psychedelichorseshit@yahoo.com for ordering information and pricing.
-oh, yeah. and look for us on tour of the east half of the country with QUINTRON during the month of april. and we'll see the rest of y'all in the summer and fall.
yrs truly,
mr. matt horseshit

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=34716046&b logID=467079593
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|