View Single Post
Old 06.13.2008, 02:37 PM   #15
DJ Rick
100%

Location: Sacto (CA) Institute for Record Collection Scrutiny
DJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's asses
Saw 'em on Monday in Portland...bass player's parts were recorded onto a cassette tape which was played through the kinda player that you might remember seeing at your elementary school's A/V resources room if you were born before 1980...a stumbling mess that was pretty awful at times, but it was never less than fall-down-laughing funny. Saw 'em again here in Sacto last night in a basement. They'd been rejoined by their bass player. Some of the songs were able to hit their grooves, but it was still more of a comedy show for the most part.

Gonna go see 'em again tonight in SF with Times New Viking.

The Horseshit boys are touring now with Fabulous Diamonds from Australia who are slinky, smooth psychedelic synth tickling with vocal harmonies that sound like zombies if only zombies could be sexy. The album is very nice, and their show last night was pretty great, too.

Just so you won't be asking "how come I didn't figure this out sooner...?", just take it on faith that you should investigate everything that comes out on Siltbreeze Records. Hasn't failed me since I was in high school thanks to Byron Coley's review of Harry Pussy wherein he said that "to you, Harry Pussy sounds as frightening as Sonic Youth sounds to your parents." And I was like, OOOOHHHH, I gotta hear that!
DJ Rick is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|