View Single Post
Old 02.02.2011, 05:11 PM   #1516
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by rappard
You must have a weird connection then - Utkonos has its flaws, but I've never had any speed problems. Perhaps the speed differences we experience can be attributed to geographical location? Or is your provider throttling FTP traffic (unlikely, I know)? Total Commander is a pretty standard FTP client, so I don't think the problem lies there.

All of that sounds reasonable, and might very well be true as far as i can tell.

I'm uploading the last .VOB file of the Sonic Youth & The Black Keys at Austin City Limits DVD to Utkonos right now. Estimated time to finish the upload process is 5 hours and a half, total size of the .VOB file is 634 MB, the maximum uploading speed right now is 30 kbp/s.

I've downloaded filezilla, and i'm gonna read about it. I'll try it at some point in the near future. If things are better, i'll use FTP as a means to share files more often. If the results are the same, then i guess there wouldn't be nothing more to do about it. I don't think i'd want a knife fight with my ISP. Thanks very much for replying, though.