View Single Post
Old 09.01.2014, 09:23 PM   #983
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
PE: My favorite is still Apocalypse 91 honestly. I just adore that record - but nostalgia is a powerful drug. It Takes A Million has "Channel Zero" though. Unreal. But man honestly, that had such a run of albums from Bum Rush through Muzik (yup, I liked that one a lot).

The Roots; yeah - Do You Want more def had more a jazz lean than Illadelph. And Illadelph is prob my fav. But Do You Want more was my intro and led to an obsession haha.

I commend them big time. Still knocking out solid albums at a solid rate. Got the day job to fund it. Doing what they want. In many ways they're like the Sonic Youth of hip hop. Using their clout to put lesser knowns on. Doing weird side projects (Elvis Costello yo?). They're the best.

I started reading Questlove's autobiography a while ago. I need to get back to that.

Whoah, dude... The Roots the Sonic Youth of hip-hop? I love making comparisons like that, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|